Service desks can also experience sudden surges in demand, either planned (e.g. after a large technology roll-out), or unplanned (e.g. following a major IT incident).
MITSS can help you to find a way to resource for any level of demand. We offer a guaranteed, fully staffed service desk capacity for every working day of the week, regardless of whether you have planned or unplanned absences, large project roll-outs or unexpected incidents.
We do this by reinforcing your service desk with our expert technicians, based within our own support centre. We provide two types of service:
- Guaranteed service capacity: Additional resources each providing 7.5 hours of service within your core service hours.
- Overflow capacity:Additional resources for when your service hits a peak in demand.
How we do this:
- We assign one of our Transitional Support Analysts (TSAs) to your account, and they work with you to define a specific training plan and service matrix for your company.
- Our TSA trains MITSS’ support function using the agreed training plan and service matrix, so you don’t have to.
- Every now and then, we may ask our team of support staff to visit your service team. This helps build a unified team, and acts as a refresher on how your offices are set-up.
What type of companies would benefit from our service assurance offering?
- Companies with high staff turnover and unplanned absences.
- Organisations whose support staff often work on secondments or other projects.
- Businesses who might need to quickly extend coverage hours or capacity at short notice.